1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A tradition like a bunch of others: Running Selection Sunday thread 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

The consensus of a bunch of hacks and basement-dwelling bloggers: http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm

Seton Hall and Drexel (13 seeds), along with South Florida and N.C. State (12) are the last four in. Mississippi State, Washington, Miami, Northwestern and Iona are the first out.

If you're an 11-12 seed, do you hope you match up with Murray State, or do you see them as you would any 5-6 seed?

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Do not let the Cannon kid shoot from anywhere inside 30 feet. Double team him, tackle him.....whatever.....you can't let that kid have a breath of space.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Fun fact: If the bubble breaks right, five schools in the tournament will have an X in their name (New Mexico, New Mexico State, Texas, Drexel, Xavier). Luxembourg A&M will have to settle for an NIT bid, I'm afraid.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If Mississippi State doesn't make it, they've got no one to blame but themselves. They've got two (and maybe three) NBA players on their roster, yet they've played like ass for the last six weeks.

Elsewhere in this state, Southern Miss is looking to get in for the first time since 1991. Nice turnaround, for both Eustachy and that program.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Luxembourg A&M never recovered from that flight to play fellow Big East rival Guam [cross-thread]

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Seton Hall. Isn't there a law that says you can't dance after losing to Depaul by 25?

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Only one team with an X in its name has ever won it.

8. dixiehack

I'm scared that I figured that out in 10 seconds.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Texas Western?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I predict hours and hours of comparing the resumes of shitty teams. BUT WE WERE LESS SHITTY THAN THEM!!!

12. dixiehack

I used to entertain complaints from Team No. 65. I have no pity for Team No. 69.

Draft saved Draft deleted