1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A threat to Kim Jong il's golf greatness

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Believe it or not ...
    Senior in Va. claims to have shot a 57, including three aces (2 of them on par 4s).

Living the Game - the Golfdom Story

I don't care how many witnesses claim to have seen it. I don't believe it.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

I like the line about the Champions Tour, 'the big stage only has a spot or two and it wasn’t for him.' WTF does that mean, he decided he didn't want to play with the country club elitists or he got close, but didn't make it.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Is it possible someone was following them around, picking up the ball and putting it in the cup as a practical joke? That's my theory.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Haven't read this one yet, but immediately made me think about the Kindred story that was a thread here a while back.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

"Perfect as always, sir. Right on the green."

[​IMG]

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh, snap. That course is right down the road from me. I'll try to shoot 56 next time I'm there!

7. Have you played there?
    I'm wondering if they played a modified scramble or it has some really short par 4s.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I have not, actually. But I've heard other people talk about it. It's not the most challenging course ever built. I think they played from the white tees, which checks in at a shade more than 6,000 yards. Bethpage Black, it is not.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I read one report where he responded to possible doubts with the fact that he was a combat veteran who fought for people to have the right to doubt him, and didn't care what they said. So now if we're skeptical, we hate the military. And the witnesses were two sons and a friend. Unless there's video, he's always going to have people wonder.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Aint. No. Way.

I do have a friend with 2 aces in a single round before......I have one myself......but 3 in one round, and 2 of them on par 4's?...........nyet.

The bs factor is high with this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted