1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A theft is a theft?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nobody works harder than teachers. :D

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

BTW, why shouldn't his kid be able to use the tennis court, if it's not being used by anyone else?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is it a private school?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Rules are rules.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yes.

And it would have been nice to have an estimate on the cost of the stolen electricity from the power company and not a stooge from the electric car industry.

Do folks who think this guy shouldn't have been charged think it's ok to take gasoline without paying for it?

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In this humble correspondent's opinion it takes some serious chutzpah to think it's just fine and dandy to plug your car in wherever there's an outlet handy. His nickel's worth of theft is akin to walking into the 7-11 with a paper cup, strolling over to the soda machine and drawing off an ounce or two. No problem with that, right?

7. YankeeFan

Part of it may be conditioning.

In order to convince folks to buy these glorified golf carts, with little range, they've set up free charging stations at workplaces, downtown parking garages, superstore parking lots, and apparently schools.

These charging stations are always free.

And, if this one is just out, with no way to lock it, or accept payment, I could understand why he might feel entitled to use it.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this was just a plain old exterior electrical outlet, not some specialized charging station.

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Am I technically breaking the law when I plug in my phone charger in public?

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yes.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think most people would think of an outlet more like a water fountain.

12. YankeeFan

Looks like you're right.

The graphics accompanying the stories, and Devil's post, made me think they had an actual charging station. I should know better than to trust stock photos or Devil.

Draft saved Draft deleted