1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Thanksgiving Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Nov 5, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You don't have an image of Boston Market?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

hockey, I didn't have the image on screen before.

Why don't you look at Swiss Chalet or Kenny Roger's Roasters as an option.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I can't see a day where I'll ever play host on Thanksgiving. And for that, I am thankful.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll be at work for Thanksgiving. Can't wait to dig into that processed turkey loaf.

5. Cansportschick

Canada had the holiday last month. At home, we make another turkey to celebrate the American one for no absolute reason.

Well, I shouldn't take credit about making a turkey....I can't cook and the one time I made turkey, well I asked my guests if well done was their preference.

Thank god Swiss Chalet was open that day....

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I will probably go through the Jack in the Box drive-thru and order a turkey sandwich in honor of an arbitrarily-set artificial holiday.

7. Cansportschick

Whatever you do, don't go SPAM.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

:D

9. Greenberg Smoked Turkeys are the way to go. (I've never watched it personally, but ...) Oprah gives one to every audience member every year, I believe. You can order them, and you'll never have a better turkey.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There's a place between here and Tuscaloosa that has them. Was thinking about that as a turkey breast instead of the full bird. Would be easier and if I'm going to hostthe whole fam damily, far less stressful.

Would make life far easier as I host the world's pickiest eaters. Ms. Slappy's SIL won't eat pork (sausage in the stuffing), her dad thinks bland food is too spicy and won't eat onions (and I think doesn't eat turkey). Her mom insists on cooking something small for him, but she never makes "small". Last year, with 11 people and my insistence that people not bring things other than her mom's sweet potato pie (that a Yankee like me has no idea how to cook), we ended up with OCB-like options and threw much of it out.

Sidebar: why is it, when people ask if they should bring anything and you tell them no, that's ok (or offer an alternative like a bottle of wine or bag of ice), they do it anyway?

11. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

W
    Webs,

Rosie is right about not worrying too much. We have a Thanksgiving tradition at the Legume house called "How will mommy try to kill us this year"? My wife is a terrific cook, but something always seems to go wrong on Thanksgiving. One year, the turkey was really under done, another year, for some reason she stil doesn't know, the stuffing came out almost like a liquid, another year, she left the bag o' guts in the bird. It's a fun game that has now stretched to other family members who like to guess too. My wife is very good natured about it. It's just the way things go when you're trying to cook a lot of different things for a lot of people and have it come out right and at the same time.

12. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

I love Thanksgiving. The food, family and football. Thank you pilgrims and indians.

That is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted