1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Thanksgiving Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Nov 5, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Damn. No one's willing to work out a deal. I'm offering draft picks, people. First round draft picks to make it worth your while.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i can't remember the last time i didn't have thanksgiving plans. i guess the last time was when i covered the turkey day classic in montgomery, alabama, about seven or eight years ago.

my wife is 39 weeks pregnant so we're expecting (hoping) to spend the holiday in the hospital.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Dammit, hb ... you make shopping for kids sound like so much fun! Er ... happy Thanksgiving? :D

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This year will be fun. Am cooking for the family, unlike last year when my mother was in town and cooked for the family. I have nightmares about the last time I tried to cook a turkey, when I foolishly went by the popup timer to find a red-pink birdie awaiting.

Stuffing? Top-notch with apples and sausage. Mashed taters? I'm a champ. Sweet potato casserole? Ms. Slappy is all over that. Small ham because her dad hates turkey (and onions, making family dinners more of an art than Dancing with the Stars).

The bird scares the hell outta me.

5. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

The bus to nowhere runs on Thanksgiving Day! ;D

Do I want to brave the Thursday morning crowds at the bus station to avoid an extra night of familial love... which is frequently expressed in overloud tones? Perhaps... though if I do, I'll likely hear about how work is always more important to me for the rest of the weekend.

Ugh.

I'm off to buy a ticket so I'll only have to stand around on <i>one</i> near-endless, slow-moving line, rather than two.

Draft saved Draft deleted