1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Team Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I was (and sorta still am) a huge A-Team guy as a kid. I thought the original was great, and the fact that there's a movie remake coming out had me quite pessimistic. But this trailer actually makes it look sort of interesting.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=16360&count=0

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'm interested in how it will turn out, but the trailer really didn't fire me up too much.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Since it's the movie, not the TV show, if a car does 1,000,000 flips, does the guy die? Or will he get out and run, just to get punched out by Murdoch?

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I like Cooper as Face and Neeson as Hannibal, but for whatever reason, watching that guy play B.A. gives me the same phony feeling I got when Coy and Vance showed up on the Dukes of Hazzard that one season.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I pity the fool that has to fill Mr. T's shoes.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

More shirtless Cooper, please. (same comment I made on a friend's FB status about this movie. That's about all that stood out about the preview to me. Otherwise, yawn.)

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

When my wife was a kid, the guy who played Face (Dirk Benedict, who I always get confused with Treat Williams) on the original came to the main Cape Town shopping area for a promotional apperance. He was swarmed and treated like Princess Diana, people went mad. She said part of it was because the A-team was popular, but a bigger reason was that it was during apartheid, and no real stars would visit the country. So they took what they could get.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I don't like that they messed with the voiceover. You need the same script, same inflection, everything.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

No gold around Mr. T's neck. I pity the fool that says this movie is going to be a hit.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I always liked hearing the helicopter sounds in the beginning of the script.

Somehow, I'm not that optimistic about how good this movie will be.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

There sure were a slew of really bad TV shows in the 1970s and 80s

Draft saved Draft deleted