1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A SportsCenter Storm warning: New live morning edition coming

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, May 12, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3393816">So now ESPN will have live programming from 6 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays. Right now it's all taped programming with the exception of some live updates. </a>

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

What's with all the Hannah hate? I'm glad to see her back in sports, and to survive a situation where she had to answer to a boss who dumped his wife for one of her co-workers.

3. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Nine hours of SportsCenter?
    Slitting. Wrists. Now.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I like Hannah. That is all.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I just wish they'd put that damn ticker on freeze for when I watch highlights of Game 7 of the World Series, didn't get to watch it due to work and then, midway, see the score come across the bottom.

That's an exaggeration, of course, but you get the point. Don't build up a minute of highlights and then reveal the score early.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No hate. Just don't want to watch her. She's bland.
    Does she do her job? Suree, I guess. Do I have to like watching her? Nope.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't know, slappy, considering how much everyone here rails against the caricatures there (Scott, Berman) I would think "bland" would be appreciated. How DARE someone just give the scores and highlights. No catchphrases? Boo hiss!

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I'd rather have my teeth drilled than have to share my mornings with Hannah Storm.
    I don't want much SportsCenter as it is.
    I'll watch less now.
    Oh, and some of us are old enough to remember when Ms. Storm went on Donahue in the wake of the Lisa Olson/Patriots debacle and said no reporters should be allowed in locker rooms. So there's another reason to dislike her beyond her spectacular lack of talent.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Agreed, but I'd rather watch Chris McKendry if that's the case.

I am just not a Hannah Storm fan.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's fair enough. It was less directed at you specifically and more in general. I guess it was just the use of "bland."

FTR, I am indifferent to Hannah Storm. She's just the messenger.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Good timing.

They'll be able to get much better-breaking Olympics updates (she starts the Monday after the opening ceremonies) now.

12. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Thread-jack

Sportschick, why the hate for Justine? She's a perky, gamey little critter. Hell, she even skydives.

Draft saved Draft deleted