1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A SportsCenter Storm warning: New live morning edition coming

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, May 12, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Active Member

<a href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/richard_deitsch/05/10/storm.espn/">
    Hannah Storm will be the co-anchor for a new live morning edition of SportsCenter on ESPN. I'd rather see the repeats of the late SportsCenter from the previous night.</a>

2. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

This has positive implications if it means The Deuce will also pick up some of the feed and shitcan some or all of First Take. Less Bayless et al would be a wonderful thing.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

It doesn't look as though that will be the case, but at least it gives us an option other than a repeat of a SportsCenter you might have seen the night before or a live First Take you can't bear to watch the first time.

From the linked story: "Interestingly, the revamped SportsCenters will compete against the ESPN2 morning block of Mike & Mike In the Morning and First Take."

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Considering some of the people who do the late-night SportsCenter, I'd rather not see that particular endless cycle of reruns. If this means the ratio of information to catchphrases increases, it's a good thing.

Or a repeat of a SportsCenter you can't bear to watch the first time. :)

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I would take 100 boo-yahs, 1000 back, back, back, back, backs over 10 seconds of Hannah Storm. Every time.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

You realize that theory can be tested, right? :D

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And I'd be a willing participant. She's uninteresting, unoriginal, boring, bland, and adds nothing to anything she's ever been on.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Albert Belle will be so pleased.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Can't believe I forgot that category, because it's the one I fall into. I can't stand SportsCenter anymore.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'd rather see a half hour of the heavy set lady from ESPN Deportes give us soccer scores.

I have never gotten the Hannah Storm thing.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

She won't make the show any less watchable than it is now.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

Draft saved Draft deleted