1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Speeding Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Nov 22, 2014.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That was a speeding question? It didn't seem that fast to me.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, I did keep driving. It was a stretch of four-lane road. Typical business zoning through part of town where it's all 45 and I was following the limit. There's a traffic light, and after that the businesses quickly thin out. A quarter-mile up the road it goes to 55. I was in that quarter-mile just before it hits 55, passed the light and had sped up to 55 since I knew it switches pretty quickly.
    The cop was coming down the other side of the road, must have clocked me on the run, and turned around in a crossover less than 100 yards from the 55 mph sign. I passed him, glanced to the right and saw the sign, and then looked in the rearview to see him cutting his lights on. He caught up to me about a mile up the road.
    The sticking point in this is that I WAS going 57 and my state has an absolute limit when it comes to the letter of the law. Even if I fight it and win on the merits of the signage issue, they might make me pay up anyway since I still was over the 55 mph limit.

Draft saved Draft deleted