1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A soon-to-be-running NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Jun 27, 2006.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Only problem here -- Balkman's language skills aren't that advanced.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Frickin' priceless. God, I laughed my ass off. For not being an NBA fan, I actually found this year's draft entertaining. It seemed like no one knew who they wanted.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Neither are his defensive skills.

Thank goodness I was done with my gamer when I was told this on assignment. I couldn't stop laughing or get the tears out of my eyes from imagining the Knicks' fan reaction.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

So, who's the best of the rest? Any players not drafted tonight who have any chance of doing anything in the NBA?

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

I mean, this is a guy who basically tested the draft waters because he was sick of finding ways to skip class. He's easily the luckiest dude on the planet this week.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Marcus Vick.

7. Sam Mills 51

Now he can pay a tutor to skip class for him. Oh ... wait. :-\

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

Balkman might be one of the best players I've covered in college -- if for no other reason that every game of his I covered I could count on two things every game: One, fucking himself up on scorer's tables and basket support bases, and two, saying something tremendously stupid after the game.
    Fantastic.

9. Sam Mills 51

So that near-run-in he had with a trash can during the Southeastern Conference Tournament in Nashville was par for the course?

And none of the South Carolina SIDs could train him to say the same stupid cliches? Wow.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

As good of a human being as Kerry Tharp is, he didn't exactly make the best of decisions in putting Schmidt in the basketball gig.

11. Sam Mills 51

Well, maybe Dave Odom can find some sharper students to aim the program to another stellar NIT outing.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

They should rename the tournament after him.

Draft saved Draft deleted