1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A sign for the ages

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 13, 2007.

1. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I know I said I wasn't going to reply, but I wanted to point out this out. Have you talked to anybody from Al-Qaeda? If so, I wouldn't presume to know what they think.

Please tell me you meant to type that last question in blue.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

The more Bush lets the Project for a New American Century goofballs (see Wolfadick's latest) lead American foreign policy around by the nose, the worse we'll all be.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

We were safer after the Oklahoma City bombing until 9/11. Just saying.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Dammit, JBoy. You ain't listening to these fucktards. Bush is to blame for 9.11. He sat in that class and did nothing for, well, about 10 minutes. Then he attacked nine Muslims. Those fine young men who gave their lives as pilots were just speaking against American imperialism.

They. Can. Eat. Their. Own. Vomit.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

SC, here's another theory on why there has been no attack on the US. It might sound like wishful thinking, but I think it has a lot of truth. It's from a book called, "Overblown: How Politicians and the Terrorism Industry Inflate National Security Threats, and Why We Believe Them"

http://www.amazon.com/Overblown-Politicians-Terrorism-Industry-National/dp/1416541713

From the book's description:
    Why have there been no terrorist attacks in the United States since 9/11? It is ridiculously easy for a single person with a bomb-filled backpack, or a single explosives-laden automobile, to launch an attack. So why hasn't it happened? The answer is surely not the Department of Homeland Security, which cannot stop terrorists from entering the country, legally or otherwise. It is surely not the Iraq war, which has stoked the hatred of Muslim extremists around the world and wasted many thousands of lives. Terrorist attacks have been regular events for many years -- usually killing handfuls of people, occasionally more than that.

Is it possible that there is a simple explanation for the peaceful American homefront? Is it possible that there are no al-Qaeda terrorists here?...It is time to consider the hypothesis that dare not speak its name: we have wildly overreacted.

6. A sign for the ages?
    Presumably the ages are six months to two years.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

That's a pretty high estimate, I'd say.

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

You are for all things Bush or you are a pussy.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There were zero Al-Qaeda attacks on American soil in the last 7 years and 11 months of Clinton's term.

And the people who executed the attack in February 1993 are in prison.

Of course, knuckledraggers like to chime in with "What about the 'Cole' attack?"

But then, there is the equivalent of the 'Cole' about every six hours today in Iraq.

Anything else?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't know about that FB. I think a one suicide bomber hitting the West End in Dallas on a Friday night would cause more fear for the nation's heartland than 9/11 did.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yawn,

Didn't you get the message? Bush is a liberal. At least, according to right-wing spokesperson Michael Savage. I can't believe you support a liberal. ;)

Spup

Draft saved Draft deleted