1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A serious question re: summer time network TV shows

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah, Cliff made you like him one second and think he was a slimeball the next. And even if you thought you knew which was which, you weren't really sure because his personality was that of a chameleon. He plays the role of "mysterious" well.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I only kid because I care, Junkie.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why and how do networks wind up with the same show, but with different names? Two networks are coming out with shows based on contestants' ability to get the lyrics right to a song.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Singing_Bee/
    http://www.fox.com/dontforget/

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I was beginning to think I was the only one watching that show. Literally. I really enjoyed Leslie Jordan as Jessie Jo; he brought an air of relaxation to the overly tense show. Even though his horrible lip-synching at the drag show was avert-your-eyes bad.

5. Songbird

Agreed on the lip-synch effort. Wretched. But the scene in the dressing room minutes earlier, when Cliff tries to talk to Nikki but Jessie Jo intervenes, was priceless. The way Jessie Jo prevented Cliff from talking to Nikki, then calling upon "the ladies" to back him up by forming the wall ... the tenseness of the moment, and the look in Jessie Jo's eyes of "fuck you, little boy, you ain't gonna fuck with that little girl's emotions anymore," was as palpable as any scene in any episode.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I TIVOd the first Hidden Palms but forgot to watch it and it was erased.

Judging by how the CW buried the show and aired the finale on JULY FREAKING FOURTH, I'm going to presume X and CI were the only people in America watching it. Sorry dudes.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

When you fall in love with a girl like Greta ...

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It probably means that FOX ripped off another network again, like it did with "Wifeswap"

10. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

BYH,

I can not believe that the person with the most musical knowledge of anyone on this board...anyone, is not looking forward to the opportunity to mock people who don't know the words to songs that will most likely be right in your wheelhouse. You and I are, I believe, of similar age and i set a season pass for both those bad boys. My funnny little honey and I are looking forward to just treating these idiots with the disdain that they deserve. And I thought you would be right there as well.

Not angry...Just disappointed ;)

11. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Yeah, but Junkie he KNOWS about Queensryche. Musical Knowledge.

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

No apology needed. I got in on the ground floor; had to take the elevator to the top. And when you're stuck in confined, sweaty places with Amber Heard, it's best to enjoy the ride.

Draft saved Draft deleted