1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A second gunman!?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 1, 2012.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Rumored for decades; supposedly a woman in a polka-dot or checked dress seen leaving the hotel yelling "we killed Kennedy" or some such stuff.

There was a pretty thorough investigation shown on CBS Reports or something like that about 10-15 years ago that did raise some questions about the actual number of gunshots, some of which may have been fired by security or the police in the confusion.

I did think ballistics proved it was Sirhan's gun that killed RFK.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Having examined this shooting for decades (and having kept contact with some experts), I believe Sirhan killed RFK. The logistics aren't easy to pin down. No recorded video in the pantry. Plus people were moving in all directions. Even the witnesses aren't consistent on how close Sirhan was when the shooting STARTED.

I do think a security guard (Cesar) did have his weapon discharge, perhaps multiple times, but didn't hit anyone. That would make more than 8 shots from Sirhan's weapon plausible.

3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

4. RFK was also shot in an industrial kitchen; that's stainless steel pots and pans, counter tops, doors, all great sounding boards for echos.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What's with the link?

The mlb.com root was the first thing I noticed. Thought it was pretty curious that they were covering this story.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Not
    Not to mention half the people in that pantry were exhausted from the long dy or drunk from the party.

The missing pics (Ted Charach I believe) have fascinated me. I think those could have held the answers. Not sure if it was intentional but there was so much botched police work between Dallas and the LAPD for JFK and RFK.

Draft saved Draft deleted