1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A run-in with a cyclist

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 7, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Next time a cyclist knocks on your window and bitches about you passing him, let him go ahead of you and then run him over.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Was wondering when that was going to come up.
    Other than someone stealing the Toyota logo off the front of my car, no problems with this one.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I got to the "three abreast" part of the story and wandered off to look at JLaw's bewbs again.

Sorry, where were we?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As I said, it's safer for cyclists and the drivers to do it that way.

And on some of our charity rides, when the peloton tops 200, there's really no other option.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

OMG. Fap fap fap. Two canyons to tittyfuck. Only decision is to aim for the left or right eye.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the grille?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Thread-jacking from the triple boob ...

New California law requires drivers to leave three feet of space around a cyclist. I can tell you there are many places where this is flat impossible -- you can't drive your car safely. And this writer focuses on the part of the bill that still prevents passing on a double yellow to get around cyclists, who are common on two-lane back roads. If you get stuck on an uphill behind three cyclists who feel like they don't want to move over, I guess you're just going to have to go 5 mph until you get to a dotted line again.

http://blog.sfgate.com/stienstra/2014/09/08/bikes-vs-cars-3-foot-rule-to-take-effect-with-a-twist/

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

There are roads, especially where I live in Colorado where the cyclist is entitled to all of the lane. Doesn't mean we use the entire lane or go three abreast. Maybe it was one of those cases?

And I'm an avid cyclist. However, there are some out there that come off as elitist snobs and ruin it for everyone else. I'll ride two abreast with my friend but when there is a car back, we go to single file and let the car(s) past. Thankfully I live in an area where I seldom see vehicles in my routes and the main roads all have bike lanes or rec paths.

Draft saved Draft deleted