1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a round of golf in 2:15!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Oct 8, 2008.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I sweet-talked my wife into giving me a hall-pass to sneak out for a round of golf this morning as long I could be back by our son's kindergarten parent-teacher conference at 1:25. I got the kids all ready for school and headed out the door at 7:40. Was on the first tee at 8, all by myself.

I didn't see another golfer till I ran into a foursome on 15. They let me play through on 16 and I proceeded to hit three perfect shots for my only birdie of the day. (Usually it seems when someone lets me play through, I proceed to shank a few shots.)

Holed out on 18 at 10:15. Woo hoo.

Then I went to the gym and worked out for 40 minutes!

I still got home before my wife, who had gone to have coffee with someone somewhere.

My wife couldn't believe I was home so early, and I explained to her that 2:15 is how long it actually takes to play a round of golf. The other 2:15 is standing around waiting for everyone else.

Just wanted to share.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sound analogy... and congrats on shooting 127!

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

How did you do on the windmill hole?

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Zing!

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Notice that you didn't mention how the parent-teacher conference went.

Little Bobcat drawing on the walls?

6. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

A 93 actually. Putted my ass off or it would have been 100.

7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Still haven't gone. That's how much time I have.

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

And by gym you mean ...

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Did it all the time, as a teenager. Not the looooongest course, but a public, legit par 70, distance-wise -- but NO water, and grass
    bunkers. First one there (5:45 AM), and done by 8. Shooting in the 80s.

And this was WALKING.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hmmm, and you were playing... by yourself... interesting...

11. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Heh heh.

You know, on one hole I totally shanked my drive, and I was so flustered with myself. I reloaded and hit another onto the fairway. As I came up to the ball, I was thinking: "I ought to just not count that first one. I never take Mulligans, so I'm due." Then I thought: "Wait a minute, this isn't US Open qualifying. Who am I cheating? The only one who really cares about my score is me, so I might as well keep it honestly." [/pat myself on the back]

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Congrats. Playing carefree, unobstructed golf is one of life's joys. As a social guy though I never really enjoy playing by myself. I love it when My partner and I can get around in under 3 though.

Draft saved Draft deleted