1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A rope, or a tire, Mitt?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Apr 30, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Mitt says Obama's neck would be a great place to hang things...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/30/mitt-romney-hang-obama-gaffe_n_855881.html

Oh, but wait, he also says at the end that you need to be careful these days about saying things like that...so let's all be sure to keep his comments on the down low. We can all pretend we're at a Mormon Temple, and keep his comments hush hush.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Wonder if this will be covered on Fox Noose.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's good.

I am going to have to put myself in the "Much Ado About Nothing" camp, though. An embarrassing flub to be sure, but he is obviously drawing the parallel to Reagan vs. Carter. Having said that, I know full context never matters in these affairs.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

And just think, Mitt's supposed to be the sanest of the Republican candidates.

6. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Myself, I liked when Mitt attacked Obama for his "peacetime spending". In an op ed he wrote. Guy's a fucking embarassment.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Are there any sane Republicans running for President? I'm a Democrat through and through, but for the sake of the country, I wish the GOP would nominate someone who projects leadership.

I wish this was 1996. I didn't vote for Bob Dole, but I respected him, certainly about 100 times more than any of the current GOP candidates.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He was misquoted.

9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

No big deal.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Nice jab at Mormons there. Stay classy.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Mitt's going to have to up the crazy to make a blip on the radar.
    A decent guy, looks like a president - it just seems he's trying to play the part and doesn't really have good instincts. Seems almost incapable of thinking on his feet.
    He really doesn't want to boast about his business acumen and creating jobs - his company DID help create jobs, it is just that they are mostly overseas.

Draft saved Draft deleted