1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod's wife is a classy broad ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jul 2, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Hey, hey, don't kneel down to me. I'm still a rookie. You just have no idea how much pull HB has in the wannabe-Soprano department. :) I'm just looking out for you, kid. ;)

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Did anyone think, even for a second, that it might be a Photoshop job?

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Don't want to mess with HB. I might get the Hoffa treatment. ;)

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Nice example for her kids.

What a moron.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My point was addressing the specific comment about language, not whether or not the shirt was classless.

There is an actual reason that GD and Jesus Christ are offensive terms to some, a reason I believe is worth respecting. Just my personal opinion.

Not one person has ever managed to give me a good reason why the word fuck is offensive...or shit. Racist terms are offensive for a reason. Same with religious epithets.

Anything is is just a word that a bunch of people decided they didn't like, mostly from a bygone time when we were unable as a culture to handle discussions about going to the bathroom (thus shit and piss become a problem) or fucking (obvious what word that has cost us). It is outdated. Now we do talk about these things. They even are on television and the radio at all hours of the day now. They just use different words depending on the station and the time of day.

I say, grow up and stop being afraid of fuck. :)

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

OOP spells it out pretty well, but what is lame about it?

The reality is that "fuck" is simply a word. Does the fact that she wore a shirt with that word on it make her a bad mother? Let's say Mrs. A-Rod uses that word around the house all of the time. Does that mean she doesn't have the ability to teach her child not to stick his fingers in an outlet or teach the child that racism is wrong?

And let's be truly honest here, do you think a child that read that word suddenly ceased being a child? Do you think some horrible fate bestowed them? Please.

As to your example...
    There is a HUGE difference between going to a public venue, where there is a potential to run into different types of people who use different language, than going to someone's private residence. If you were to come to my residence and drop "fuck" as every other word, then I would probably know that before inviting you over. It would probably be pretty odd to call someone up, invite them over for dinner and then not realize how that person talks. If I wasn't interested in dealing with someone like that, then I wouldn't invite them over for dinner.

7. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Cultural note: At "family friendly" Safeco Field, the staff has been instructed to have fans cover up T-shirts bearing such vile notations as "Yankees Suck!" [Jeez, I hope this isn't a DB. (Dadgone, I hope Jeez doesn't offend anyone.) ]

The most recent fad is to bring in signs begging for free fries from Mike Blowers, who is in the broadcast booth. I wonder what "F**k you AND your F**king fries, Blow!" would bring in response from the Safeco staff. They'd have to find a staffer under 65 to confront the culprit, which could take 5 or 6 innings.

As for myself, I must admit: if it's offensive to an appreciable percentage of attendees, why wear it?

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Mrs. A-Rod's spousal unit is cheating on her left and right, and she's the villain because of a damned shirt she wore? Honky, please.

Draft saved Draft deleted