1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod's wife is a classy broad ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not personally offended by the language. It's still tasteless and classless to wear such a shirt because the person wearing it knows that he or she is going to offend people. That's the intention of such a shirt.
    Personally, I curse like a sailor, at home and around friends.
    However, I don't put such language on my clothing. I don't put it on my bumper.
    It has nothing to do with 'People at Yankee Stadium have seen worse. People have heard worse.'
    A person might find himself in a situation where many people are behaving without class, acting in poor taste, being rude or intentionally trying to offend. That person, however, does not have to engage in such behavior.
    It's a question of civility.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Instead of F-Rod, maybe the Post should have went with

"FRAUD"

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Why the Gothic lettering? Helvetica is a perfectly good font for the rest of us Americans.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

New York Post typeface would have been perfect.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I was sort of wondering when somebody would get this right.

No, my eyes aren't going to burn, and no, we didn't kill any children here. But it's about the ultimate in classlessness.

I've seen more ridiculous tabloid covers.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Like a pissed off, bleached Jami Gertz.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

WFW
    A grown woman with a child shouldn't wear a shirt with the word "fuck" written on it. Hell, I don't think anyone should wear a shirt with language like that. It shows a total lack of class.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I hear you Buck, and I'm not disagreeing with you. I would never wear a shirt that said that. It's totally classless.

But ... if she wanted attention, then she won. She got attention. Why can't it just be ignored? We're giving them what they want if they get attention. I love it when people beg for attention and get annoyed when they don't get any.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Complete non-story. And just because there may have been worse doesn't make this one less of a joke.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In one paragraph, you have summed up modern parenting.
    If you can say anything, why stop at GDs? Don't be hypocritical.

Draft saved Draft deleted