1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod's wife is a classy broad ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I understand people who get offended by "GD," but it just kills me that so many people are offended by language. Who fucking cares? I was raised in the South, albeit in a good-sized Southern city, and as long as I avoided GDs and didn't call my mother a bitch, I could pretty much say whatever I wanted.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I agree that the shirt shows a lack of class, but who cares? Even in the New York market, is this a sports story?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

As funny as those might be to Sox fans, you're right.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Yeah, because they certainly don't see it on YouTube or any other Web site?! Was at a sporting event couple weeks ago and a 3rd-grader was sitting next to me, on HIS cell phone playing games on the web. It had to have been HIS cell because Mom and Dad each had one.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It wasn't a sports story. It was a news story.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's not even much of a news story at that.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The thing about this that truly offends me is the fact that a rag that calls itself a newspaper ran this as a front-page story. Fucking disgraceful.

And for whoever it was that pointed out that Mrs. Rodriguez had a 2-year-old with her...um....let me give you a little tip....2-year-olds can't read....

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Sean Hannity were sitting behind her?

9. Would opinions change if the shirt read F Me, instead of FU?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It was Hondo, OOP, although I think he missed the obvious Simpsons reference I was making in the first place.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Only if she included her address and cell number.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Don't worry. This story will be recycled and placed on the front page of the Wall Street Journal when Murdoch buys it.

You should know better. There is almost nothing worse than a child (or an adult for that matter) hearing or reading the word fuck. This is probably the first time in the history of Yankee Stadium (possibly any stadium) that someone dared to put such an offensive word into the public foray.

I'm actually suprised that someone's eyes didn't burst into flames upon reading that.

Draft saved Draft deleted