1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod Wants to Talk to Yanks Without Boras

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jgmacg, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I would add to that list Strawberry, Bernard King Messier and Donnie Baseball.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

And let's not forget Lou Piniella. Oh, wait, I'm told that they're not yelling "boo," they're yelling "Lo-u-u-u." Never mind.[/Rizzuto]

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I found it alot harder to root for clemens than Arod. Of course I wanted Clemens to do well because the team needed it, but I hated the trade, didn't want him back & never liked him much. I don't care about the Cy Young & rings, he didn't pitch a single big game in a Yankee uniform. He was no better in a big spot than Arod, probably worse (not every post-season start is a big spot).

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Big Homer Bush fan, Guy?

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He did clinch a Series for the Yankees, Guy, did he not?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

$7.7 million in career earnings.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And if they had lost that game? Not a single high pressure, El Duque-like game. ANd while I actually did like Homer (Like if Giambi's first name was "Speedy"), I was less upset by what they gave than by what they got.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Some might call that a compromise and see it as a good thing.

Just a thought.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

NY Times is reporting that bonuses tied to home run marks will bring the contract over $300 million.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/16/sports/baseball/16yankees.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

So, to recap, A-Rod crawled back to the Yankees on his hands and knees, asked them for forgiveness, and will come away with an AAV of $30 million. I guess he learned his lesson.

And the Yankees demanded that Boras not be allowed in the room, only Boras was there working out the contract language the whole time.

Lots of face to save on this one...

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

According to Buster O, who (understandably) looks like he hasn't shaved in a week, the deal was brokered by ARod's gang at Goldman-Sachs. Contract numbers settled, still negotiating marketing revenues generated by ARod's upcoming records.

10 years, $275 million.

Draft saved Draft deleted