1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod vs. Selena Roberts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WaylonJennings, Feb 9, 2009.

1. In this corner, you have A-Rod, and he is mad.

In this other corner, you have Selena Roberts, and she is mad.

And, well ... that's about it. ;D

Thoughts?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Selena Roberts is Sandy.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What did I miss - what did he say about Selena?

4. John

John Well-Known Member

He accused her of stalking him and trying to break into his house -- and that's just part of his rant.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It's okay. He'll be deeply regretful in a few years.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well Selena was wrong about Duke Lacrosse players.

7. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

The guy is a liar and he's trying to work up outrage about "this lady" allegedly "stalking" him in Miami.

Uh, that stalking is otherwise known as reporting, without which this story wouldn't have blown up in his face and ESPN wouldn't have an hour-long exclusive Peter Gammons interview.

Doesn't help himself by continually referring to "this lady" as opposed to, you know, "this reporter" or something more applicable.

And Gammons let it all pass, including A-Rod's assertion that other journalists are following "this lady" over "a cliff". WTF is he talking about?

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I was stunned Gammons didn't ask any follow-ups about the stalking and B/E stuff. Those comments cried out for more details.

9. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Anyone have a link to a clip of the Roberts portion of the interview? Can't find it on the .com.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It happened in more than one place. Multiple spots in the interview he trashed her.

11. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I know on the other thread we're talking about how softballish Gammons was on the 'roid stuff (rightly so), but I'm really outraged toward him as a journalist for not at least asking something about Roberts. He doesn't have to defend her, but he really did need to push A-Rod more on that.

That's just me with the scribe hat on. I don't know what the viewing public now thinks of Roberts. I fear they're thinking paparazzi, which is a crying shame.

12. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Freddie, I started to post that on the Gammons thread. I'm thinking the general public will side with A-Rod on this issue, and that's sad. His comments were pretty mean-spirited and self-serving, so I hope the public sees through it, but I doubt it. Listening to her interview on MLB now, and she has explained all of these incidents pretty well and is calling it just a diversionary tactic.

Draft saved Draft deleted