1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Rod to Miami?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Re: The ARod question

Ooo he hit .250 and went 0-2 with RISP ... what a game!

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

yerp. the guy who might possibly be the best SS in the history of the game was 0-fer with RISP last night. holy mother of fuck!!

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Again, and again, and again, and again.

Given his obvious projected performance in pressure spots in October, the Yanks would be better off locking him in the men's room.

Exhibit A of the bad, bad habit of overpaying for past performance.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I think it's clear that he is not goin to finish out five years. Bu I also think the Yanks will keep him around for at least next season and maybe two. So at what point do the Yankees cut bait? Would be be worth anything to an NL team, or wod it be a strict salary dump?

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Who in the world would take on that salary for average performance? The Yankees are going to have to pay a HUGE portion of that deal if they want him gone. There will absolutely be no "salary dump" on their behalf.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Do you think he is able to stick around long enough to break the HR record?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are you a fucking 12 year old?

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

No way. He needs to average 20 HRs a year for the next six years to do it. (Actually 19.3 but we'll round up.) He hasn't done that in two years. Even if he hits 60 HRs over the next two years (totally unlikely, but we'll say it happens just to make this interesting) can he average 18 HRs a year for the next three years to get close? Who is giving him 500 ABs at age 41 and 42 to have a shot?

It's not happening without roids.

9. Mizzougrad96

Good to hear... I don't want some juicer to sully Bonds' record... :D

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So do the Yankees cut him? I can't imagine they eat that much salary but maybe ... He is not voluntarily walking away from that money.

I can see him as the modern day Costanza, unable to quit but trying to do whatever he can to get fired.

11. Mizzougrad96

Considering what the Yankees would have to pay to get another team to take him, they might as well keep him.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Swisher, Cano and Granderson = 0-16 and a combined 5-49. Granderson and Swisher have 1 RBI and 12 Ks for the series

Draft saved Draft deleted