1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Rod to Miami?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

What is Miami's relationship with A-Rod? I know he went to HS there, was recruited by Miami and the locals weren't too happy he didn't accept. And I know he has a home (for sale?) down there and has donated a lot of money to the UM baseball program. But do the locals even like him? For that matter, does anyone? I doubt he would bring much bounce to the gate, even if he was still a very good player.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Watching the Yankees race towards mediocrity brings a wide-eyed smile to my face.

It would have been so poetic for Joe to bring A-Rod off the bench to pinch hit, then take 3 straight fastballs right down the shitter.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

We should all be so lucky to be racing towards mediocrity when that means losing two fewer games than the year before and the same number as 2010, having the best record in the AL and reaching the ALCS for the third time in four years, and being one win away from making that four straight.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Jon Heyman says A-Rod to Miami isn't happening. I have yet to hear a good argument why any team would want A-Rod (for 5 more years, no less).

Heyman: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-heyman/20595938/yankees-may-want-to-talk-a-rod-trade-but-marlins--dodgers-dont-seem-too-eager

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think you can put too much into what a player says on the last day of his season.

"Sure, I'd love to be traded... Get me THE FUCK out of New York. I'm going to take my lack of talent to South Beach..."

If you're a team that might want ARod, do you indicate that at all now, or do you wait to see if the Yankees come begging for a taker? Even if a team would be willing to take ARod, I can't imagine he'd be a priority for anyone. If the Yankees come begging and pay most of his money, sure... If not, who gives a shit?

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted