1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod sues MLB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 4, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9768073/alex-rodriguez-sues-mlb-ped-investigation

I just love talking about this guy in October.

He says Bud Selig set out ""to improperly marshal evidence that they hope to use to destroy the reputation and career of Alex Rodriguez." I have no idea if any of that would even be illegal as the only reason they were doing it was for their own kangaroo court, but it should be pretty darn entertaining anyway. Hopefully they don't get it cleared up by next spring and he shows up for opening day, his suspension on legal appeal.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the discovery phase.

"Yes, Mr. Rodriguez, if you would, please raise your right hand ..."

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Discovery phase will be fun for both sides, both with your point and .... "Mr. Selig, so how did you get those confidential records and how did that 2003 test, which was supposed to be confidential, get leaked out?"

I'm guessing he's going to try to use this lawsuit as a way to get the suspension chopped down if the arbitrator rules against him.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this gets settled long before then with an agreed upon 50 game suspension.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

tortuous interference with contractual relations

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUCHE

Draft saved Draft deleted