1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod: Still A Douche

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has been mentioned on one of the other 32 Super Bowl threads...

A-Rod not happy with Fox showing him and Cameron Diaz snuggling with popcorn at the Super Bowl. He went as far as demanding that they not air another shot of the pair, which Fox complied with. The network also issued an apology.
    What is he getting so pissy about? Like they don't do a hundred of these celebrity shots during big events?

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/zwecker/3701639-452/a-rod-turns-camera-shy.html

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He should be embarrassed he lets his girlfriend feed him popcorn. I saw the shot. It made me hate him even more.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I assume he is - isn't that why he's upset?

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How does the Okla State coach feel about it?

If Diaz was feeding me, I would go out the next day and make a t-shirt about it and wear it to church and my next job interview.

5. imjustagirl

One would hope. But it could just be because he wasn't making money to be on camera.

"Hey, I'm famous. So's my girlfriend. We're in the front row of a luxury suite at the Super Bowl with unimpeded views by the cameras. HOW DARE YOU!"

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Fox apologized? Lame.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you don't like patriotic displays of affection, don't watch.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

The Fox guy he talked to should have told him to cruise on over to the Ballpark, stand at home plate and do a little Game 6 reminiscing. Asshole.

9. imjustagirl

Maybe he reached up and tried to bitchslap the camera out of the guy's hand?

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

What a big fucking baby. You don't want people to see you, stay at home and watch on TV. You sit front and center at the Super Bowl in a luxury box next to a movie star, prepare to be noticed. Why Fox apologized is beyond me.

11. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

When someone in the Safe flipped a dollar bill on a fishing line to "it's not about the money" Rodriguez in the on-deck circle, that closed the book for me. All the rest is less of the same.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it should embarrass him, but if he's the sort that embarrasses as a result - and by his reaction, he is - don't be stupid enough to let this occur in public. And he should know that he's fair in the front row of a luxury box at the Super Bowl.

Too bad, A-Rod. Blaming the media for your stupidity won't help your cause.

Draft saved Draft deleted