1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod hits 500

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah. As long as ARod continues to remain healthy - as he has throughout his career - then he will definitely catch him.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's been estimated that he'll break Bonds' record in 2016 -- depending on how much longer No. 25 sticks around.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

7 years at 40 a year gives A-Rod 780 .... he'll break the record in 2014 at age 39

4. blueview

blueview Member

At Yankee Stadium this afternoon, upper deck, to see A-Rod hit his 500th HR in his first at-bat. From the angle I was at, for a second it wasn't very clear to see if it was fair or foul ... but it was quite the exhilarating experience of watching everyone cheer for history.

As for Yankee Stadium, it is quite the sight. Plus, many would be pleasantly surprised at the football-type atmosphere.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Let's say he hits 20 more homers this year. He'll break the record in six years (depending on when B*nds retires) if he hits 45 homers each year.

6. I think 40 a year is a pretty good average number. I was going conservative but you have to figure he'll have several plus-40 seasons that will help make up for an injury-filled season or two ... and when he's knocking 30 or so in his late 30s ...

7. KP

KP Active Member

Yankee Stadium, great until they decide to try to get the crowd into the game. Every fucking pitch it's piped in noise.

Draft saved Draft deleted