1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod hits 500

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've probably seen the Yankees play 35 times over the years, but only once at the Stadium. Which is why my family is going there next summer.

2. I'll get to see the Stadium this winter, but I'll be going back next summer to see a game. I hope I can find a way to go All-Star weekend. But if I can't, I'll pick a good game or two to see.

I won't be ashamed to cry that night.

3. boots

boots New Member

Many will miss Yankee Tomb.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

my days of attending games are over, due to physical limitations. but i was healthy enough to take all three of my boys to yankee stadium several times. lifetime memories for us all. a magical place. 8) 8) 8)

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I went in the mid-90s, and I still tell everyone who asks that it's one of those places you've got to see. Once you pass the gate, there's an historic feeling that takes over. It's unbelievable. My dad and I were among the last to leave the park, just so I could see it in peace.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yankee Tomb?

::)

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

... Where the great players go to die.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm not a Yankees fan by any stretch--no, really?--but there is something awe-inspiring and mystical when you walk into Yankee Stadium. You can feel the history, it's alive.

If you get a chance, try to tour Monument Park before the game.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I guess so.

10. Just 255 more to go ...

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think A-Rod just acquired many more fans tonight.

12. So if Barry hangs it up this year, ARod could catch him in eight or nine years, possibly earlier.

Draft saved Draft deleted