1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod hits 500

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Keeping my ticket stub to this one, for obvious reasons.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Because you saw Philip Hughes give up 6 runs?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Where were you sitting?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Thanks. It was luck, more than anything else, being locked into this date for months on the honeymoon. First trip to Yankee Stadium for both me and Mrs. Oz. Great atmosphere.

And Angola, we were in Section 631, parallel to the first base dugout in the upper deck. Great seats, not to mention a gorgeous day to take in an afternoon game in the Bronx. That breeze and slight shade helped, too.

5. Man, must be nice. Sucks for us Yankees fans locked in an office 2,000 miles away.

My only shot to see the Yankees this year was rained out and they weren't coming back to Texas this year. My only consolation was I got to see Sosa's 600th.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You were at the game where the insane thunderstorm hit in Arlington? Shit, I was there too.
    And I had to drive back to West Texas the next morning, so I couldn't see the doubleheader the next night.

7. Yup. Pulled into a parking lot (thank God didn't pay for parking; I would have been pissed), got out of the car and then got back into the car and went back to the girlfriend's house.

I had to work the next day, too, so I couldn't make the doubleheader. I was in a bad mood the rest of the week.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

At least you weren't standing under the concourse during the storm. I got soaked, nearly hit by flying chairs and eventually herded underneath the stadium. It was good times.

9. I'm sure this is where I'm supposed to say that something like that builds character, but I'll avoid that.

It was miserable driving home, but I don't envy you.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, it did set up a long night of drinking Pyramid Hefe's at the Flying Saucer. So, at least I had that going for me.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

At least both of you have gotten to see a Yanks' game...I still have yet to be able to do that.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm definitely going to try and get to the Stadium before next year. That's one of the things on my to-do list...

Draft saved Draft deleted