1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod finds a way to take the Yankees losing streak off the tabloid covers...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, May 30, 2007.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Great article. I too was surprised by the marriage of pop culture news and sports with this A-Rod spectacle.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I agree ...

The funny thing is that had the New York Times done this spread, people on these boards would have praised it as great work. Probably declaring it's about time some newspaper finally had the guts to show these cherished ballplayers for exactly who they are.

Of course if the Times had done this, many would have also been skeptical that the item was even a real story. Why, I don't know?

All I know is for years I've waited for this. I wanted to do this story at my last shop and was laughed at.

I guess we should avoid the truth at all costs and go with the motto: Boys will be boys.

I just think it's funny how we as reporters all search for the true stories in life, the ones nobody else has ever found, the search for the good and bad in human nature.

Funny how the Post does just that, and is then ridiculed for it.

Make up your friggin minds what you want out of this business. Seriously. You want to have all fluff pieces you're in the wrong business, PR is calling your name.

Draft saved Draft deleted