1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A-Rod dumps Boras?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by thebiglead, Dec 18, 2007.

1. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Journal News:

http://www.nyjournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071218/SPORTS01/712180398

However, the Major League Baseball Players Association said Boras is still listed as his agent, and that Oseary is not certified by the union to negotiate baseball contracts.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Since Boras was his named and registered agent at the time he signed his latest contract, does Boras still get his %?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd be careful if I were A-Rod.

If he's got dirty laundry, Boras knows all about it. And if he really does fire him, I give it a month before the whispers begin in earnest about A-Rod's steroid usage and his swinging ways and how it burns when he pees.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes, Boras gets his perecentage.
    And A-Rod doesn't need a Boras anymore because he just signed his last MLB contract.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It appears Boras botched A-Rod's situation at virtually every turn. But you got to give the guy props for getting two years and $36 million for Andruw Jones, given the way Andruw has hit the past 1 1/2 years. That money is astounding.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Many players have marketing agents in addition to the agents who handle their contracts and, as spnited noted, this was probably A-Rod's last player contract. It would be wrong to assume that Oseary is replacing Boras, although that might turn out to be the case.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

So who's next on the list of agents to drop?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was my thought as well, though I can see the question coming up due to the timing.

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

A-Rod didn't like the way Boras handled the announcement? The agent acts on the client's behalf and presumable A-Rod would have approved a move.

A-Rod is the only player who could call Warren Buffett for advice. For every other player, Scott Boras has done a good job.

Draft saved Draft deleted