1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A reverse Poin: HS football coach caught sexting player's mom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Aug 23, 2012.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And there will be no pictures.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/football-coach-accused-sexting-players-mom/nRHkJ/

Then the mom shows the pics to other people, including possibly minors, so she may be up on charges.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Brett Favre wonders what the fuss is about.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Pics of the mom or GTFO.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Someone needs to work on a psychological profile of people who sext to recipients who don't want the pictures. I mean, I can understand partners just using it as foreplay. But where do people ... excuse the expression, but where do people get the balls to figure that although it isn't clear these pictures will be well-received, that's their move?

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Read about this this morning. The coach is in charge of a fairly good public-school program in the metro Atlanta area. I doubt he's going to be able to keep his job after this.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Why grown adults do stuff like this boggles the mind.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So the coach lives in the same county as where the cheerleading scandal hit (Clayton County, GA). Coincidence or pattern?

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

This stuff happens everywhere. One place I worked we had a tennis coach/teacher sexting pictures to a teenage athlete.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, usually it's the midget adults.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't care what a coach does, you don't confront him on the football field.

My kid's coaches have a 24-hour cooling off period. You have to wait that long before you can confront them about how much your kid plays, sexting photos, making passes at your daughter, whatever.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm surprised we haven't seen the old -- I just wish my high school football coach had texted me naked photos of himself when I was in his school --- response.

Draft saved Draft deleted