1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"A Religion of Peace"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Nflub - Peace be upon you.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

This didn't strike anybody else?

3. NDub

NDub Guest

It's stupid fucking remarks like that that make you look even more like a dopefuck.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

right - and your barrage of f bombs make you a credible source on the teachings of the religion of islam

5. NDub

NDub Guest

FUCK FUCK MOTHER FUCK MOTHER FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FAWK

6. NDub

NDub Guest

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive/article.php?lang=E&id=18836

Yeah, it sheds some light as to why it's 'peaceful,' but you can find similiar words in the Bible or Torah. Most every religion strives to be peaceful, it's just the people who practice that religion that must remain 'peaceful.'

Muhammad was a peaceful man, but he did use the sword when eliminating the Quraysh and others who oppressed the umma. 'The Truth About Muhammad' by Robert Spencer is probably a fantastic read about the first umma. I've read reviews and check the author's website - jihadwatch.org - daily but will pick up the book when I'm done with 'The Looming Tower.'

EDIT: Apparently, the book really sheds light about Muhammad and his 'peaceful' days in Mecca and Medina.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Looking at life through Boom's looking glass:

America is the land of freedom . . .

. . . with more than 2 million of its citizens locked in prisons.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

As many have pointed out, it's hypocritical to hold one religion to a standard without applying that standard to all of them. I imagine the Muslims weren't too happy when the Christians came warring during the Crusades in the name of Christianity. Nor were those of the Jewish faith terribly impressed by the peaceful nature of Christianity when their Christian German neighbours turned on them.

God is divine. Religion is a man-made institution that attempts to understand and connect with the divine. Any institution made by humans has to be as fallible as the people that create and run it and follow it. And I don't think it's possible to keep what is happening socially and politically from affecting any human-run institution.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Remember when this country debated whether we should attack during Ramadan because some felt the Arab-Muslim world would be infuriated. But Mosques are getting blown up regularly without a beep of protests from mainstreaqm muslims.

Draft saved Draft deleted