1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A record in the making

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cyclingwriter2, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

50K+ posts, and only 10 likes for slappy. Does he just post garbage?

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

This site predated Facebook, so "likes" were not a part of it for two-thirds of its existence.

BTW, Nos. 2 and 8 still post quite often --- just not here. No. 6 posts at both places
    And the TOP THREE in likes still post quite often --- just not here.

Maybe that other place isn't so bad, eh?

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

OOP is a compiler, the Frank Gore of posting. He deserves no honors or any place near a Hall of Fame.

JC likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wish I could talk IJAG into dropping back in from time to time. One of the few names that I actually know in real life.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don’t this qualifies as outing, but I’m quite happy to watch her progression into hardcore soccer fan.

Cosmo and playthrough like this.
  7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, I know I don't post a lot, but I'm not even at 5,000 posts and I've been around since 2003. I saw these numbers and figured I was at least at 10k.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The amazing thing about mike311gd is he did all that in a 3 year period: joined in June of 2006, and his last posts are September 2009, with the exception of a couple in 2012.

If I have the math right, to get to his 27,446 number, he had to average about 23 posts per day for that 39 month span.

If he had kept posting, his number of posts would have been Cy Young-esque in terms of anyone being able to catch him.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

Sounds like Mike was a Russian bot.

10. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

My apologies if this has been addressed or brings up bad memories, but what caused some of those board stalwarts to leave? Like IJAG or MizzouGrad? I didn't read this board for a few months, come back, and boom old favorites gone...

Thanks!

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Well, @oop scored his move up and with no apparent fanfare or tip of the cap. I just salute his longevity.

12. CD Boogie

He’s too busy running sock puppets on the short bus SJ board

Draft saved Draft deleted