1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Reason to Root for The Giants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've not seen this story anywhere on SJ. A very inspirational story by Greg Garber:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=3222397

2. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

I'm so glad someone posted this. Great story by Garber, and it's wonderful to see all the attention Lt. Col. Gadson is getting now that the Giants have made the SB. I had the privilege to hear Gadson's story in person last fall. He is an amazing man; his attitude in the face of such traumatic injuries is simply inspirational. The Giants are fortunate to have crossed paths with him.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Yes, heir to the baby-food fortune and he still wants to write sports. :)

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Aw, you fixed the typo.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Wash Post had a similar story today (friday), as did at least one local tv station. Doesn't do anything to diminish it though.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

imo, the best of the pieces. and i ain't kevin:

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/news-12/120141727944930.xml&coll=1

7. Agreed. It's hard to find a better takeout writer than Kevin Manahan. He's driving to the Super Bowl and doing a series of Giants stories from various locales. Terrific.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Terrific piece by Rachel Nichols on espn. Great story.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agree - Beautifully done.

Draft saved Draft deleted