1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A really dumb question....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

As I'm pouting and wasting time playing online today, I realize that the Vikings vs. Green Bay game on Thursday, Dec. 21 is scheduled to be televised on NFL Network.

Will there be any provisions made to televise the game in the team's markets? My cable doesn't have NFL Network -- hell, it doesn't even have Cartoon Network!

I'm thinking this is just one more reason to start hating the NFL! :mad:

And if this has already been addressed, my apologies for d_bing.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Back in the day, one of the Chicago stations used to pick up the ESPN feed for the Sunday night games.

There are still a lot of people in metro areas who don't get cable.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Rosie, typically a local station also carries those games for those who dn't have cable. Usually it's the station that has the pre-season games, but I'm not sure if that's a hard and fast rule.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Thanks, FH. I'll check with that station here, I know quite a few people there.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I believe that the NFL requires that all cable games be put up for bid for broadcast TV in the local markets.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

They were, Webster. There will be over-air TV in the team's markets.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Rosie, it'll certainly be on OTA in Mpls-St. Paul, but it might not be in, say, Duluth. You might want to find a sports bar--or order Dish Network--by then.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Why would you want to watch the Viqueens lose to the Packers? [/lions fan with no room to talk]

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Hank, what was the final score of that game against Miami this afternoon? ;D ;)

OTD, if it's on in the Cities, it will be on in the Duluth-Superior viewing area. They have both Vikings and Packers fans to keep happy there. And if all the pre-season games were broadcast in the Duluth area (which they were), they'll broadcast this game.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, I fully admit the Lions are the biggest joke in the NFL with an even bigger joke as general manager.

Hopefully you don't think the Viqueens are good. (just subbing in for GBSportsJournalists.com). :D

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

SHHH! Hank, don't let GBSportsJournalists.com know anything about that! They're merciless, they'll rip any other NFC Central team and its fans apart. Don't ever admit to weakness around them.

Draft saved Draft deleted