1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Real Shocker: Campaign donations by Hollywood folk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Barry Goldwater is spinning like a lathe.

2. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Class = Gay jokes

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll happily donate to the Send Yawn Packing fund.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Newsmeat? Newsmeat?

I'm afraid to click on the link.

Are there male anchors ... you know ... "delivering" the day's "hard" news?

5. Dangerous_K

Jessica Alba. We win.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I will see your list . . . and raise you Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Fred Thompson, who have, oh, about 1,000,000 times more of an impact than everyone on the list combined.

And Teri Garr is an NRA advocate . . . yet donates to Dems but not GOP? Hmmmm . . . ,

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In a truly shocking development, BYH and I actually agree on this one. Which should tell Yawn something, if he was actually capable of listening.

8. Dangerous_K

Pfff, whatever dude. Jessica Alba.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I can see now why Republicans all over the country have chosen to boycott Hollywood by turning off their televisions and never going to the movies.

10. Dangerous_K

Moar ghey joaks plz~!

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

Yawn. Usually the GOP money from finance, insurance, oil, etc., easily outweighs the money Hollywood gives the Democrats.

However, this year, Republicans are having trouble raising funds. Even the fat cats who usually give the GOP a big advantage don't seem willing to throw money away.

So here's what you need to do, Yawn. Go to your local Wal-Mart or fast food place, and work every hour you can. With all that money, you can give it to the Republicans and turn this thing around. Really, you can do it. Go. You're wasting time posting when you could be getting some money for the GOP. You're party is depending on you!

12. Dangerous_K

Looks like the Yawn post that prompted this reponse was yanked. For shame ::)

Oh yeah, and Lyman, I saw you're online. Come into this thread already so I can have my "I told ya so!" :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.