1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Real American Hero

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Aug 19, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I had G.I. Joes in every room of the house -- just in case. I had the videos, the posters and the accessories. I wore camouflage growing up, and my earliest Halloween memories were me in an army get-up, just for G.I. Joe. I had G.I. Joe T-shirts, and I slept in G.I. Joe pajamas. My underwear had G.I. Joes on them, and -- my mom loves to tell this story to my friends, especially the girlfriends -- when all my G.I. Joe underwear were dirty, my mother wrote "G.I. Joe" on my white briefs.

I moved onto wrestlers at about 6, but there are no memories quite like Joe memories.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I had GI Joe, Captain Action, Action Boy, Major Matt Mason, Johnny West and James Bond action figures. They were dolls but little boys couldn't play with dolls. They were action figures.

3. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

JERRY: Where did you get all these?
    CELIA: My dad was a collector. I inherited them after he died from a long and painful bout ...
    JERRY: Super bowl! Hey, an original G. I. Joe. With a full frogman suit.
    CELIA: Jerry, what are you doing?
    JERRY: I'm putting this on him and we're going to the sink.
    CELIA: No Jerry. They're priceless. They've never been played with.
    JERRY: I just want to touch them a little.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

A little turkey and wine will fix that little problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted