1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Racial Expose'

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by OneMoreRead, Jul 25, 2006.

1. OneMoreRead

OneMoreRead Member

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/shared/news/interactives/lod/index.html

With all the racial talk on this board, I thought I'd add some perspective with a link to this series. The series is worth the hassle of signing up for the free account.

I don't know if it has been talked about on this board or not; so please excuse me if it has. This series is amazing. The stories have made me angry. They have taught me a few things. They've made me shake my head in astonishment. And some have made me shed some tears.

All young journalists should read this, not only because of the subject matter, but because of the amount of reporting and the methods of reporting that went into this.

Amazing stuff.

2. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Sorry, OneMoreRead. People here don't give a slightest damn about racial inequality. The bitter old souls here are mostly white male supremacists who think little about the God-given advantages they have for being white males and rather blame the minority for being minorities and trying to get a tiny more piece of the pie they have so little of. They don't see any problems with having all positions of desire, in life and in newspapers, being held me all white males, because any minority can't possibly be "the most qualified candidate" for anything worth a lick. Just reporting the facts here.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, PE, if you believe being a white male is a ``God-given advantage,'' it sounds like you're the white supremacist here.

Just sayin'.

4. OneMoreRead

OneMoreRead Member

I didn't start this thread to start some additional racial BS. I think the series has been reporting on many stories, each of which reveals a few things about our country.

I wasn't expecting the name calling, at least not this early. :-\

Draft saved Draft deleted