1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for the gin drinkers....(hiccup)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What kind?

With tonic or not?

Lime or no?

For me, I'm about 1/3 of the way through a bottle of Barton's. It will do in a pinch.

Also don't mind Gibley's.......However, if I am at a bar and don't wanna drop 30 bucks a bottle.......gotta be the Tanq.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

No you shouldn't try and treat an ingrown toenail with a blowtorch and plastic fork.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

We've given up on the ordinary utensils.

We are now reverting to bottles of whiskey at the local saloon, and if someone around has a deer-knife of some kind, well then we will give it the old college try.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Gin and tonic with a lime or two was my main drink at bars for years. I preferred Bombay Sapphire to Tanqueray.

When looking to get drunk, gin and ginger ale mixes so well you can go half and half and chug it. It's like a 40-proof beer.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rule of thumb is gin and tonics are out once it gets cold enough you have to wear socks with your boat shoes. For martinis, I prefer Tanqueray.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Oh, sweet goodness, did I used to love my summertime gin and tonics.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Real men use Beefeater in their martinis.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hendricks.

9. I like Tanqueray for my G&T and Bombay for a martini but my go to summer drink is Tanqueray and cranberry. Yup I'm a gin and juice guy. Me and Snoop Dog.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Beefeater is very good as well.

I am going to try the Gin/Ginger Ale.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

My friends have been getting into gin and tonics with cucumber. I hate all three elements so I pass, but apparently it's very good.

12. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Either Beefeaters or Tanqueray - - on the rocks. Add an olive or two if you feel like having an hors d'oeuvre...

When making gin and tonic in the summertime, put the gin in the freezer before making the drink. The gin will not freeze but it will keep the drink cold without melting as much ice into the drink.

Draft saved Draft deleted