1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for my fellow Canadians...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DGRollins, Aug 27, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't really care but now that I know Loubardias AND McGuire are doing it, I'll avoid it like the plague. God, I can't think of two worse guys to do a hockey game. It's like your worst fucking nightmare.

Oh, and for the Americans here, the Henderson goal was our JFK moment. Everyone over say, 40 years old remembers EXACTLY where they were when he scored.

And, just for old time's sakes, the ONE HUNDRED MILLIONTH TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS GOAL. :)

2. DGRollins

DGRollins Member

Ask Tim Donaghy.

3. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Rollins,

What a coincidence. Al Strachan wrote that book while standing in Chapters one day.

YHS, etc

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's just too bad that the Anti-Christ screwed all of Team Canada's players out of their pensions.

5. DGRollins

DGRollins Member

Yeah. I probably should send him $19.95...

So, friend of the friendless...

Hoping for a brawl? You know, for the sequel?

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Yeah, this series is pretty much pointless. I am finding it difficult to get pumped up for it. There is a bit f a rivalry still between the two hockey powers, but it is far too early in the season for it. This is just a money grab by the two countries and their TV outlets.

If they wanted to do this right it would be our best pros versus their best pros, for the ability to decide the IIHF Transfer agreement. If Russia wins then the NHL is forced to spend the big bucks to get Russian talent. If Canada wins then Russia has to sign on with the current version of the transfer agreement, just like every other Eurpoean hockey nation, and to quit bitching about it. That I would watch. Something would actually be on the line, and it would be a much truer version of a rematch for the 35th anniversary, which is a bogus anniversary to go all out on anyways.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not that anyone cares but Canada won the first game 4-2

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Thanks, pally.

Now let's see the goods... ;D

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Simmer now ... I was 13 months old and know where I was. I don't have the actual memory but I do have the story from my dad ...

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Post of the day.

11. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Rollins, My Fellow Canadians,

Count me in the number who believe this is a case of more being less. This cynical cash grab by Hockey Canada sorta muffles the u-20 buzz over the holidays. (As soon as I say that, somebody from Hockey Canada will be trying to sell a rinkboard to Speedy Muffler.) I think it will go over like a lead balloon. Super Series? 35th anniversary? Gawd. I'm all for trying to sell u-18s and u-17s as television properties--they're great tournaments and you should go to one if ever you get a chance--but making up events, bleccchh. Besides, everyone knows there's more at stake if Canada were playing the U.S.

YHS, etc

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Haven't heard anything about ticket sales. You?

Draft saved Draft deleted