1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for CFL insiders

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by crusoes, Oct 8, 2007.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

What happened to the announcers on the Saskatchewan-Calgary game?

The CBC makes the switch from Hamilton-Montreal, and I read the paper for a while, look up, and there's no announcers. You hear the field mikes, the refs, the PA announcer, but no play-by-play.

So I have two questions: What happened in Calgary, and 2, how can we get that to happen tonight on TBS?

P.S. The announcers came back, and I resumed doing things like going through mail, etc. I sleep through NFL games.

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I was watching the game, or at least the beginning. From what I know, CBC did stay with the the Montreal-Hamilton game until the end. Then Steve Armitage and Khari Jones turned it over to Mark Lee and Chris Walby. I did hear Lee and Walby doing play by play and I got it from the start, no problems.

However, at the conclusion of the game, Mark Lee ended it, not the panel. I thought the ending was scrappy and deserved a bit more attention.

As for the game, Saskatchewan won 33-21. Congi had 6 field goals and Joseph was 19-25 for 290 yards. He ran for 83 yards and had one td.

Win was Sask's first over Calgary since 2004. Sask now has a five point lead over Cal for second place and gives them the right to host the West Semifinal if things go down to the wire. Sask can clinch their playoff berth with a win next week.

Also, Henry Burris told the CBC that he will play next week.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Uh, no.

http://www.stampeders.com/index.php?module=sked&func=review&sked_id=214

4. Cansportschick

Sorry Flash, I meant to say their first regular season win in Calgary for the Roughies since 2004. I was too busy eating my McD's French Fries when I was typing it up. I am sorry!

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hamilton's out of the playoffs.

Who cares? :)

6. Cansportschick

JR, I feel for you, but at least you can say that the current Canadian Idol is from Hamilton, Brian Melo.

As for CBC, even though it's their last year of covering the CFL, I could not believe the end last night. It was so choppy. What, did the panel get too hungry for turkey dinner last night that they had to ditch the show?

Like Joaquin Phoenix, I may be boycotting something else.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, why is this thread on "Anything Goes".

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And Steeltown is embarrassed.

9. Cansportschick

You know, I was starting to wonder that....maybe the CFL thread is sunk so low that crusoes needed a quick, prompt answer and could not find it in the sports and new section?

I hope Steeltown doesn't lay claim to Frank D'Angelo. He is really getting on my last nerve

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I figured the CFL on CBC was neither sports nor news. Kinda bummed the Grey Cup won't be on CBC, since that's our dose of Canadian TV here in Michigan. And it was a fabulous out when you wanted to watch the Olympics, rather than the NBC Swimming & Gymnastics Invitational, every four years.

11. Cansportschick

Grey Cup is being hosted by the CBC this year. I believe it's November 25th from Rogers Centre.
    Yeah, you can forget after Beijing about seeing the Olympics on CBC too because they lost the rights to it to CTV.
    Oh, but you can see Raptors basketball.

12. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

And HNIC.

Draft saved Draft deleted