1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for cat owners

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pencil Dick, Apr 7, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sorry for the loss, PD. In a few days, I'm sure, a person very close to me will lose her second cat in six months -- the first was 17, and now this one is, too.

You're a good dad, sir.

2. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

PD, so sorry for the loss. When I saw this thread called back up, I was afraid of what the cause was and my worst fears came true. I have a 5 1/2-year-old cat named Emi and I can't imagine the mess I'll be when her time comes. Your 9-year-old daughter's composure will probably put me to shame.

And, I echo what Mikey said: You're a great dad for giving your daughter a chance to grieve in her own way, even if it is a tad unconventional. I can definitely see why she'd want it to be that way.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sorry to hear that, PD. I've still got my old kitty's ashes in front of a picture of him in my office. I'm not quite ready to let him go.

And because it's what I do in times like this. . .

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Sorry for your loss, PD, and I echo mikey and Tripp's sentiments.

5. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Sportschick,

You won't believe this, but I arrived home tonight to find that our next-door neighbor, the owner of five indoor cats and a dog, this evening had brought our daughter a framed copy of "Rainbow Bridge."

It will also occupy a prominent place in her room.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

For the record, I'm not your neighbor, but the poem is well-loved by a lot of animal people.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Condolences to you and your family, PD.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

So sorry for your loss, PD.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

PD - I'm so sorry to read this news. I can't imagine the wreck my wife and I will be when that time comes for our cat. Condolenses to you and your family.

10. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Sorry to hear that.
    I lost both of my 17 years cats within 3 months of each other.
    I've since adopted a new one, who is now 6 months old. It's amazing how different a 6 month old is than a 17 year old!

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I'm sorry to hear the news PD. :'(

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Sorry for your loss, PD. Hang in there.

Draft saved Draft deleted