1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for Canuckistanis - Who does Canada root for in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 17, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

OK, you can have your semipro football thread back, but I shall leave you with the words of the Kansas AD: You really need to lighten up, man.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If you have no interest in the "semi pro" football played in Canada, why come on this thread to insult people?

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Because he's been playing a role, JC.....showing off. That's all it is.

As far as "semi-pro" is concerned, I'd rather watch my "semi-pro" league than the NFL or college football any day of the week. That's my preference, and that's why I came on this thread.

I have no idea, nor any desire to learn, who the Kansas AD is or what the context of his/her remark is. I'm a lightened-up guy already.....for people I want to be lightened-up around.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I've worked with former CFL standouts Kelvin Anderson and Corey Holmes. Corey speaks highly of his time with the Western Riders.

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

And Anderson doesn't speak highly of his time with the Stamps? I suppose I can understand how the team was a gong show when he left, but he did win a couple of titles with them in his first few years.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Should this be the new CFL running thread? lol

It has been a good thread, for the most part. Now, let's talk about the parade on Nov. 30 in Regina. I may find myself there after all, haha....that is, if I'm not at Super Burger collecting from JR for once!! :D

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The people of Regina deserve a title and a parade, for god sakes they're stuck living in Regina.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hahaha....I can't comment, I've never been to Regina. Maybe someday.

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Sorry Gomer, I don't recall "Earthquake's" conversations about Calgary. Last I heard, he was coaching high school in his native southeast Missouri.

On the other hand, Holmes was a blast. Covered him through the final Cup year with Kent Austin and his retirement. He was very popular in Regina and across the province.

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

If you play on that team and your last name isn't McCallum, you're pretty much a God to Saskatchewanites.

And they just had a parade two years ago. They're not due again for another 15 or so.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Triffons Pizza in Regina is treeeeeemendous.

The rest of the city sucks.

That being said Taylor Field was always a fun place for the Labour Day classic.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think it's awesome, but I'm a small-town rube. Moose Jaw is even better.

Draft saved Draft deleted