1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question for Canuckistanis - Who does Canada root for in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 17, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Growing up I was a Colts fan, because of Johnny U and also a Cleveland fan, because of Jim Brown and then I became a Bills fan. Mostly now I don't care.

Two of my 20 something sons who follow football have more loyalty to individual players than teams. And they're more interested in the results of their fantasy draft than anyone team. My eldest used to be a huge Bucs fan because of his hero, John Lynch.

At the Goose there are a lot of Vikings, Packers & Browns fans.

And if you Yanks don't have a CFL team to cheer for, try Edmonton--well, next year, anyway.

And it's funny Oz mentions BC beause they're playing the Alouettes in the EASTERN Conference final this weekend. It's

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They play this weekend in the Eastern conference final. Yep, if the Lions win they could represent the east in the Grey Cup

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I am sure you can find fans of every NFL teams around here. I'm a Dolphins fan (have been since the early 70's), my middle brother has been a Cowboys fan forever and my youngest started following the Bucs when he was a little kid and they were a shitty expansion team because he liked the unis. A buddy of mine is a huge Redskins fan and there's a guy who works here who is a huge Jets fan.

As JJ mentioned, the Bills are big here (back in the day they sold 10,000+ tickets a game in southern Ontario) and the Lions have a huge following in southwestern Ontario. There would be loads of Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders and 49ers fans out there and many old timers still support the Colts, Giants, Browns, Bears and Packers because those were the teams that were prominent in the early days of TV.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Except they won't win. Montreal will eat them up.

And if there were any justice, the Ticats should have won the semi.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Agreed about the Alouettes but the Lions deserved to beat the Ti-Cats. They let them back in at the end of the game allowing it to go to overtime. Should have never have been that close but that's what BC does, they can't play a full 60 minutes.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I root for the Stamps because the only CFL game I've ever attended was in Calgary and they were giving away coupons for free beer outside the stadium.

How could you not root for a team that does that?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

because they're from Calgary.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Saskatchewan is gonna win the Grey Cup. I called the Stanley Cup, now I'm calling this one too. :)

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'd go with the Alouettes only because they used to be the Baltimore Stallions.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I've always pulled for the Rough Riders ... uh, no, the Roughriders. Oh, I forget. Never mind.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You realise that's Super Burger talk, right?

The Als will win.

In the CFL this year there was Montreal..............and everybody else.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fine, if you wanna go there, that's Super Burger talk.

If the Western Roughies win the West final, I'm taking them to win it all. You game? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted