1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question about Sonic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by chained2thedesk, Dec 2, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That hurts just reading...

2. jps

jps Active Member

I'm sad for you.

(and it was a while before I saw a sonic with a drivethru. I mean, it's got all the car spots ... do you really need a window also?)

3. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

I always tip. If the bill is, for example, $5.82, I give her $1.18 tip. Just seems like the thing to do. They're working at Sonic for Christ's sake!

Of course, I tipped my favorite bartender $5 on a $4.32 bill tonight -- so I'm with Slappy ... if they're cute ...

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I usually tip a dollar when I get something to eat because I worked at a Sonic all through high school roughly 30 years ago. Of course, I rarely eat at Sonic anymore because I worked at a Sonic all through high school roughly 30 years ago.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

If she is cute, she gets a buck. If not, she doesn't.

But it's fast food. Not necessary to tip at all. They get paid a normal wage.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm not parking my car and waiting 10 minutes for them to bring me food when I can wait three minutes and get it at the window without having to put my car in park.

7. jps

jps Active Member

or you could just jump over to the jewlery counter.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awesome.

9. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

The nearest Sonic is 150+ miles away.

Damn. It.

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Put me in the "always tip" camp. To me, it's a waitresses bringing me my order, the same as if I were sitting at a table inside any other restaurant.

There's little at Sonic to make a special trip there, however.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

When we were in high school, we'd take a penny and heat it up in the car's cigarette lighter, place it on a stack of coins and use that for our tip at the drive in.

The girl we knew that worked there, a former A&W Root Beer that went independent, usually called us assholes.

She was right.

Here's the thing that bugs me about Sonic (besides the whole tip-don't-tip dilemma): They put sugar and possibly vanilla in stuff that they shouldn't. It's in the onion rings, it's in the Texas toast on sandwiches. Some things aren't supposed to be sweet.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Seriously? That's not a Sonic, that's an outdoor Dave and Buster's!

Draft saved Draft deleted