1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a pulitzer for the national enquirer?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by AD, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, there's always sex rehab!

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Still a little chippy that I nailed you on that one, I see.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not at all. Just having a little fun. And, um, you didn't nail me on anything.

But it's apparent your sense of humor has abandoned you. It's cool, though. I still laughed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Me? I'm having a blast watching you talk out of your ass.

Please continue teeing them up.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ok. Seriously. It was a harmless joke. I'll know better next time. Sorry.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That's a bit of a high standard. Yeah a decent amount of stories have led to societal change, but every Pulitzer winner has done that? Really? I'd say to win you need good reporting and writing, not too sure you need to be a guardian of justice and righteousness.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. In cold reality, the Pulitzers are associated with Columbia University, of which the Sulzberger family are the top donors. So it ain't gonna happen.
    2. Pulitzers for investigative journalism tend to go to worthy stuff, malfactors of great wealth getting caught, ingrained political corruption exposed, etc. The only Pulitzer for the Lewinsky deal went to Maureen Dowd for commentary.
    3. If the Enquirer got a Pulitzer, run off 300 copies of your resume before you turn off the office lights.

8. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

National Enquirer gets blasted for whatever tactics it used or didn't use in getting the Edwards story accurate, but few protest when NYT produces a similar type of story about John McCain that is off the mark.

Please explain.

9. awriter

awriter Active Member

It's Ronzoni, hands down.

10. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Post of the decade. Nice job. Loved it.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

End of thread.

That hondo cracked their balls in the first reply to this post, even though a Dem (albeit one with no political future any longer) was the target of the report, was the first reinforcing hint. Glad to see ink is still thicker than blood.

12. Few protested? Please.

Also, no one started a thread that said: "a pulitzer for the new york times on john mccain lobbyist story?"

Huge, huge, huge stretch on your part to try to turn this partisan.

Draft saved Draft deleted