1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A prime example of why the public has little faith in this profession

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Johnny Jackson, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well for one thing the "97" win thing was a joke. Gould published the coach's record and accomplishments at least 4 times...the TBT also published this...notice the win total.

Springstead boys adapt to changes with win

2. Now if you read the story Izzy Gould makes the published statement that Thompson had his job "rescinded" at Gulf HS on September 23, 2009 due to the school system not receiving the proper paperwork and that he was not honoet with the school system...if you read this you will see the real reason(s) for his resignation and it was reported by a friend of his who still works for the TBT. Gould flat out lies here...just pure journalistic fraud.

Gulf boys basketball coach explains departure

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Johnny, what's with all this six-year-old news?

Have you been in prison? What did you do?

4. It is still on the internet so as far as I am concerned it happened today...besides I don't care when it was published...journalistic fraud has to be exposed so the next generation of journalists do not repeat it.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought you were the Johnny Jackson who killed all the neighborhood cats.

You heard about that, right? It was in all the papers seven years ago.

6. I've had a couple of inquisitive people ask for documentation...obviously you aren't interested and your post seems to deflect from the lies...you must be a friend or an associate of Gould's. Now when I question Gould's professionalism it pertains to the 2010 story only...what he has done since is of no interest to me. I want to make that clear. He is obviously doing a creditable job with al.com.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have no idea who Izzy Gould is and couldn't pick him out of a lineup. But this seems like some weird personal vendetta, not a crusade for the truth.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Ya think? Personal, you say? Naaaah.

Batman likes this.
  9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Is this really happening? Geezus Kryst.

10. Old Time Hockey

Old Time Hockey Active Member

In other current events of great importance to the journalism world, I hear Grantland Rice may have been a little too chummy with Babe Ruth.

Baron Scicluna and Lugnuts like this.
  11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Care to tell me how relying on quotes from school officials and documents constitutes outright lies and journalistic fraud? You want to dredge this shit back up, do better. Sounds like he said she said to me.

"I asked him for the transcripts, references and his coaching certificate," Sedlack said. "We don't approve anyone until they at least apply with that. We just could not get what we needed from him. Nothing was lining up for this guy. When we kept pressing him, he got agitated with us.''

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.