1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Prayer and a Lesson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Dec 9, 2006.

1. Whip it - Devo

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

PHOTOGRAPHER: You know who's hands they remind me of? (Pauses for effect) Idaho's.

GEORGE: Who was he?

PHOTOGRAPHER: The most exquisite hands you've ever seen.. Oh, he had it all.

GEORGE: What happened to him?

MAN: Tragic story, I'm afraid. He could've had any woman in the world ... but none could match the beauty of his own hand.. and that became his one true love..

GEORGE: You mean, uh..?

MAN: Yes. he was not ... master of his domain.

GEORGE: But how.. uh..?

MAN: The muscles ... became so strained with overuse, that eventually the hand locked into a deformed position, and he was left with nothing but a claw. He traveled the world seeking a cure ... acupuncturists, herbalists, swamis ... nothing helped. He couldn't even post on SportsJournalists.com anymore. Towards the end, his hands became so frozen the was unable to manipulate utensils, and was dependent on Cub Scouts to feed him. I hadn't seen another pair of hands like Idaho's until today. You are his successor. I ... only hope you have a little more ... self-control.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry.

I mean to say that stories abound about Idaho's mysterious recent lack of posts and Chris' version was told to him off the record by two anonymous sources, so he's running with it.

Plus, when you are home with four kids all watching the Wiggles and the wife is clocking in 80-hour weeks, what else is a boy to do?

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's one of those "gateway" drugs.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

You don't have to worry about me ... I won a contest.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I know Idaho likes to show off his kids and stuff, but I thought this was a particularly disturbing Holiday card to send. My wife threw it out.

[​IMG]

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Jackson Browne -- Rosie.

8. Welcome back Idaho. Make sure you stay away from the BangBus.

BTW - isn't one of the steps to your recovery to apologize to those you did wrong? Well remember that time you left your "enthusiasm" all over my back at the strip club? The dry cleaning bill wasn't cheap. I'm waiting.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Steely Dan: Rose Darlin'

"All I ask of you is make my wildest dreams come true."

Draft saved Draft deleted