1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A pox on everyone remotely involved with AT&T...go to hell.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Sep 5, 2007.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I had a very similiar experience with Verizon, only it happened to me 3 times. I'm still playing catch up and adding numbers into my directory.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

bagel is the first person I've ever heard who didn't suckle at the teat of Verizon.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They do. Even so, you can take one of Motorola's Nextel phones and beat the living crap out of it with nearly no worries. (I have learned that they will not stand up to an oceanic splash or two :-\ and for that reason an i580 may be in my future.)

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'm sure others have their complaints about T-Mobile, but my experience with them has been overwhelmingly positive. And I've resisted the urge to get a flip phone for the very reason IJAG mentioned. I just figure the fewer working parts, the less chance it's going to fuck up. Then again, I'm a pretty low-end celly guy. I use mine to talk, with minimal text messages mixed in. No pics or email or any of that. I'll say this from experience: If you have numbers that aren't saved to your SIM card, do it now. Do not delay.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My beef with the SIM card is this: It makes all numbers show up twice in my address book. Also, it saves everything as 'main' so if I have 2-3 numbers for everyone, I don't know which is which unless not only do I save it as 'cell' on my phone but I also type in 'Mom cell' and leave it like that.

Really annoying.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I have one and it's a better phone than the pile O' crap LG I had before it. Boy, that phone blew goats.

And IJAG, as a happy Verizon subscriber, I feel for you. This isn't good.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Stop gloating.

And your next event was last weekend, dodobrain. Some Jeopardy champion you are!

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Mmmmm, Verizon teats...

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Everyone's a critic.

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Well, I have a Verizon phone. It quit working. It's a work phone, so the IT took it to the Verizon store, exchanged it, brought it back the next day. I open it. My contacts have been replaced with someone else's. I return to the Verizon store. "Did you have our backup plan?" the manager asks. No. I figured you assbags knew what you were doing. "I'm sorry. There's nothing we can do." My next comments, I assume, were loud enough for her to hear, because I didnt have to ask "Can you hear me now?"

I had contacts written down, but not all of them. Verizon can go to hell, too.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Keep a word doc on your computer.
    Every time you add a number, type it into your word doc the VERY next time you are at your computer.
    Back up said doc on a jump drive that you can keep on your keychain or in your bag or whatever.

It is a serious pain in the ass to type everything in again.
    It is less of a pain in the ass than not having them.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Preach on, Moddy.

So, if I do that and my phone craps out...do I just re-open the file on my computer and re-type everything back into my phone? Or is there a way to hook a jump drive to a cell phone (really don't know)?

Draft saved Draft deleted