1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A pox on everyone remotely involved with AT&T...go to hell.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Sep 5, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

This will officially out me to like the three people who know me personally who don't know who I am on here. But I am so boiling hot mad that I really don't give a shit.

Two days ago, I'm on the phone with a source when my phone beeps like it does when you have a text or something. So when I get off the phone 10 minutes later, I have no screen. My Razr (already my second in 21 months) has no fucking screen. Just a big black hole. Meaning no text messages, no phone book, no nothing, really.

Now, as someone who has exclusively used a cell phone for about four years, I don't know anyone's numbers. They're all there. I magically knew my boyfriend's number (I've been dialing it for two years, barely knew it) and I know my folks' home number. That's the extent of it.

So I call AT&T, but it's Labor Day, so no one's open. I get forwarded to the main help line, I have insurance, they tell me they'll have a phone to me in 1-2 days. Fine, if that's the best I can do.

I get home today to find the phone on my porch. I pick it up, slit the tape and head up to AT&T. I refuse to even crack the box because I want them to do all they can to save the 250 contact numbers I have in my phone. Roughly 150 of them were on my SIM card, but I wanted to save the 100 I'd added in the past several months.

I get there, and I have the first actual human reaction to an AT&T person in my nearly two years with them...but that's another story. The guy says 'Does the phone power up?' and I said 'it's on right now' so he goes, plugs them together, says it's transferring.

10 minutes later? It wasn't transferring. It read it, then basically said, "Sorry, you're SOL." So he moves the SIM card over, and it's now empty. He swears nothing could have happened on their end, but I sure transferred my numbers over LAST time my Razr fucked up...so hmmmm...

Apparently, there's a wire somewhere in the joint of the Razr that after so many openings and closings, it just crimps. No warning, no 'Hey, you might want to know about this' no nothing. I just lost 250 numbers during a REALLY bad time of year to do so.

So, two things:

1.) Back up every number you have. Hand write them if you have to. I wish I had.

2.) If I had any number(s) for you, or even if I didn't and you want me to have them, please PM me and I'll put it in.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

AT&T sucks giant donkey balls. That is all.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nice try, IJAG, but you're not gettin' my digits.

Seriously, that sucks. Sorry.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

The only good things I have heard about the RAZR can be summed up in the following statement: It looks cool and fits comfortably in your pocket.

Maybe the RAZR2 is better, but I'm not gonna take a chance. (And it's incompatible with my cell provider, too.)

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh IJAG,

That's horrible! I hate AT&T, too, but I'm sure I've started more than one "fuck AT&T or Cingular" threads in my day.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Thanks for the advice, IJAG. This is yet another reason why I stick with Verizon.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I thought Motorola made the RAZR phones.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

For the better quality phones or the better quality customer service?
    (also a very satisfied Verizon customer)

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

True enough, TSP.

But it's not Motorola's people who incorrectly hooked something up and deleted whatever I had off my SIM card. And it's not Motorola's people who have never ONCE acted like they gave a shit about keeping my business.

I told the girl on the phone that I would never need another phone from them. No "I'm sorry" or "Is there anything we can do" or anything. Said the same thing to the guy today when he tried to soft-sell the iPhone. I said 'Since you're the first person to actually treat me with a modicum of respect, I'm not directing this at you...but every other phone company would have to fall off the face of the earth for me to ever consider coming back here after Dec. 23rd when my two-year contract runs out.'

His response? A shrug, and he finished boxing up my old phone and sent me on my way.

Fuckabuncha AS&S (which is what I'm now calling them).

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

A pox?
    OUTING ALERT: IJAG is Mercutio

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

12. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Amen, sista. Assholes Thieves & Turds is the worst, with no customer service to speak of. But they have those neato iCrap phones!

Draft saved Draft deleted